As Kermit the Frog says "it's not easy being green".
Sustainability is no longer just a buzz word, so we don’t just pay lip service to it. At Casna we have always believed in sustainability but now we’ve proved it, by creating a contractual sustainability promise for our clients.
Our Director of Stadia & Events, Deborah Sackett, was the Contract Manager Cleaning and Waste for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and, as such, an acclaimed expert in sustainability. We have picked her brains quite shamelessly and, with the benefit of her expert knowledge, created a best practice environmental template with a wide range of specific sustainability measures. This is automatically applied to every client site, so you can relax in the knowledge that we are doing everything we can to prevent pollution and preserve resources on your behalf.
For every site we will, where possible:
- Operate a zone cleaning policy (switching on power to each zone for the minimum possible time).
- Reduce chemical use and source ethical products (We use minimal chemicals and ensure all cleaning products used at all sites are eco-friendly. Marble restoration work is a good example where the latest available technology uses only water).
- Procure products and services with environmental, social and ethical issues in mind, all new sustainable products and technologies are reviewed by us as soon as they come onto the market.
- Maximise technology use
- Focus on recycling and aim to deliver zero waste to landfill overall.
For larger sites, specifically stadia and events venues, we will create a bespoke sustainability plan during the pre-contract implementation period ready for Day One. The plan is designed to be compatible with any current sustainability practices and limitations within a client site so that we always get the best outcome for everyone, and it is accompanied by an audit methodology that will generate totally objective, quantitative date on sustainability performance. Sustainability areas covered within plans for large sites will include:
- Operational Delivery
- Zero Waste to Landfill
- Chemicals & Consumables
- Recycling & Reduction
- Products & Materials o Machinery & Power
- Energy Reduction o Technological Efficiencies
We are equally careful in our own offices. Using innovation and technology to cut out inefficiencies we’ve reduced paper work by 68%, improved our waste management and reduced waste to landfill, and adopted automatic power saving devices. We’ve also reduced our level of atmospheric emissions by taking Toyota Prius as company cars. In summary, you can rely on us to be as green as possible. In fact, sustainability is one of the key measures included in the Casna audit we provide free and regularly for every client.
If sustainability is high on your list of priorities talk to Casna now.